Saturday, September 5, 2009

Summer Jobs Worldwide - Book Review

I just finished reading “Summer Jobs Worldwide” by Vacation Work Publishing. As the owner of an online job board that focuses on summer jobs for teens, I have read dozens of books about summer jobs and teen jobs. I can honestly say that this is one of the top books in this category.

The book is a very thorough guider on how to find summer jobs all over the globe. The book focuses on helping both teens and adults find summer work. This book will be very useful for American teens who will have a hard time finding summer jobs here in the United States. What I like most about the book is how it breaks down summer job opportunities for each state and then dives in with a ton of relevant information on how to go about applying for the job and ultimately getting hired. I also like how the author provides real life examples of people who have worked in various parts of the globe. This was useful because you are really able to gain an inside perspective of what it is like to work in a different country than your own.

In my opinion the book could be improved in several areas. My major criticism has to do with the fact that the author does not really spend enough time discussing how the Internet could help in the summer job search process. I would of like to see a list of online resources.

In closing, I felt the book was very complete and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a summer jobs.

Dan Keller is the CEO of the popular job board that lists http://www.teenjobscene.com/>summer jobs for teens He also runs a http://www.teenmovement.com/>Teen Forum called Teen Movement.

[Via http://oho321.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment