Thursday, September 3, 2009

Book Review: The Year of Living Biblically, by A.J. Jacobs



The Year of Living Biblically: One Man’s Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible Finishing this book was like saying goodbye to an old friend. From the moment I began the journey through its pages, I knew I’d want to take my time. I savored every page.

A.J. Jacobs, though his genuine search for truth, invites his readers into his home and to tag along on some adventures seeking truth. While Jacobs does not believe in God, his journey reveals an amazing amount of culture behind why Jews and Christians believe and do the things we do. He’s clumsy in his approach at times, surprisingly reverent at other times and incredibly funny throughout. No matter where you stand on your beliefs about religion or God, you will be glad you joined A.J. on this journey.

I highly recommend this book to anybody who likes an easy read with a good sense of humor and adventure.

[Via http://volunteeryouthministry.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment