Saturday, March 6, 2010

good read: Sistah Vegan

As I slowly make my transition to a raw food lifestyle, it’s hard to not think about the many factors that impact my daily life concerning what type of food i consume. Availability, location, price, knowledge, etcetera are a few of the things that pop into my head. Often times, as diverse people on this earth we have different experiences and being able to relate to someone whose experience may be close to yours is very comforting. Especially when trying out new things that will be life changing.

This new book, Sistah Vegan, is an attempt to connect what sometimes feels like an extremely small group of people and share their experiences on health, society, identity and food from a black, female, vegan perspective. This anthology features a range of women who share their experience living a vegan lifestyle. I just ordered it off of Amazon and can’t wait for it to arrive so that I too, can reflect on what this lifestyle means for me, my health, and my future.

Coincidently enough, Wonderroot is screening the documentary, Fowl Play, which is about the farming industry. As much as i love eggs, i will no longer be known for my famous western scramble omelette. Sad, i know ..but we all have to make sacrifices in life.

Enjoy your weekend.

Window Seat – Erykah

[Via http://iamelizah.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment