Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Lady Magazine

Here in the United Kingdom there is a nice weekly periodical for women who aspire to be, and are, ladies. It is called The Lady and it has some interesting household tips, information, interviews and other things that interest ladies.

The Lady, Photograph: Lefteris Pitarakis/AP as found on http://www.guardian.co.uk

The problem, in my experience with the magazine, is that it caters to the older generation, mainly those over 50. I find it rather offensive that I, a 24 year-old lady, have to choose between mind-numbingly superficial rubbish like Glamour and Cosmopolitan (which is meant for the young women in society) or The Lady, which caters to a much older group. I would love to be able to read a cultured, ladylike, intellectual magazine which does not include power chairs, frou-frou clothing. I would like a ladies’ magazine to show a sophisticated, youthful, sexy but tasteful clothing styles. I still like reading The Lady, because it is the only periodical I know of that is decent and doesn’t go on ad infinitum about sex, dating and fashion trends. Any lady would tell you that trends are temporary, but elegance is timeless.

[Via http://andreazuvich.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment