Thursday, October 29, 2009

Secrets of the Millionaire Mind - Being true to your mission

This is from the book -  Secrets of the Millionaire Mind.

Secrets of the Millionaire Mind

“Your life is not just about you. It’s also about contributing to others. It’s about living true to your mission and reason for being here on this earth at this time. It’s about adding your piece of the puzzle to the world. Most people are so stuck to their egos that everything revolves around me, me, and more me. But if you want to be rich in the truest sense of the word, it can’t only be about you. It has to include adding value to other people’s lives.”

This extract just really touched my heart. I connected to this and I feel like what I’m really doing right now in IMG is my piece of the puzzle to this world. In my company, it’s really about the mission and changing people’s lives for the better through financial education.

Our country lacks this, and there are so many lives wasting away because people are too caught up doing the things that don’t really matter, and yet they wonder why they are still in the rat race… working so hard but getting nowhere financially. They own the best toys thinking that their retirement plan would come easy when they’re older.

That’s way too wrong!  Wake up. It doesn’t . You may earn more when you’re older but it will only be harder to save since  your lifestyle also changes, you spend more. And before you know it, you haven’t really saved anything significant.

What will you do then? Keep working after 60? Depend on your kids for your needs? Guess when all the illnesses will come in? That’s right! When you’re old and if you lacked the foresight, you probably didn’t save enough either. Too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment