Tuesday, July 28, 2009

J.A. Konrath's Jack Daniels series

I haven’t been on the computer much lately because my head has been stuck in books. I’ve been reading at every possibly moment. I took the boys to their bowling league a week ago and was reading some of my typical “chic lit” books when a guy from my old bowling team came over and started talking to me. He saw I was reading and told me about the Jack Daniels novels. I was interested, so I came home and pulled them up on the library data base and requested them. It took about 2 days to get the notice that 4 out of the 6 were ready. They are, in order:

Whiskey Sour

Bloody Mary (havent gotten this one yet)

Rusty Nail Dirty

Martini

Fuzzy Navel

and the new one just released this month

Cherry Bomb

These are not my typical chick lit. I almost didn’t get through Whiskey Sour.  But after a while, I was hooked. I had to know what happen next. This series is about Lt. Jacqueline “Jack” Daniels, a 20-plus year cop in the Violent Crimes division of the Chicago PD. The violent crimes, are very violent. I don’t think Konrath really pulls any punches when he writes. If you enjoy the show Dexter, you might like these books though. While Jack Daniels isnt a serial killer living a double life as a cop (like Dexter) it has that same feel to it. At least I thought so.

I finished Fuzzy Navel today and the cliff hanger at the end (not present in any of the other books) made me so angry, I rushed online to try to find spoilers on the next book. No one is giving out the details though. I’m the 10th in line on the reserves list at the library, but the suspense is killing me. I’m tempted to go to the book store and find the book and read the first page, but I think I’d end up standing there reading the whole book!

No comments:

Post a Comment