Sunday, June 21, 2009

Raven by Allison van Diepen

Title: Raven

Author: Allison van Diepen

Genre: Paranormal

Release Year: 2009

Website: http://www.allisonvandiepen.com/

Introduction: Zin dances like no other guy she has ever met, he is the leader of the breakgroup Toprocks, speaks with a voice that wraps around her like black silk, has eyes that can reach out to your soul and Nicole is totally and madly in love with him. She know he feels the same way, because they have been best friend forever and everyone around them have seen how they look at eachother. Then why keeps Zin his distance from her? She doesn’t understand. But one night a accident happend and Zin reveales what he really is. Nicoles life is turned upside down and now she has to deal with the fact that Zin is not what she thought he was. But now that she knows, can they finally be together like they always wanted?

My Opinion: So I read this book yesterday, and I finished it yesterday. I couldn’t stop reading. I had to get used to the writing style though. It was a little different then I’m used to. But once your in the book, you can’t get out. I really felt for Raven (Nicole) because she really has to deal with a lot of pressure and also the fact that she can’t be with Zin like she wants to. It really pisses me of, lol. Because like in some T.V. shows you have the image of who belongs with who. Well I have that with Zin and Nicole. The book also takes an unexpected turn in the end of the novel, which was suprising. It’s also not a standard novel that the girl get’s kidnapped by the enemy, girl gets saved by the lover and they live happily ever after. I really appreciated that. It was something different to read again. The end, well i’m not telling you of course haha. But I have to say it got me frustrated. Even in my bed I was thinking about it. The end is so not like other endings I’ve read. And I really hope that there comes a next novel, because I’m curious as hell what will happen next. But you never know, that’s the authors decision. 

My Advice: Really read this book. It’s addictive and once your in it you can’t stop, you just finish it in one day. In my scale from 1 to 5, if give this book the number 4. Because I really enjoyed reading it, the book was just something different again and not the standard storyline and as I said I hope there will be next part.

book cover from: www.fantasticfiction.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment